How to Register a Veteran for the Congressional Gold Medal
How to Register a Veteran for the Congressional Gold Medal – pdf version
How to Register a Veteran for the Congressional Gold Medal – Chinese Version
Registering a Veteran for eligibility to receive Congressional Gold Medal is quite simple using these instructions (please review your entries for accuracy):
1. Go to the only official authorized website to accept Congressional Gold Medal applications for consideration and confirmation at www.caww2.org.
2. Click on REGISTER VETERANS
3. Click on SUBMIT INFORMATION
which takes you to the application form. Check all entries for accuracy, especially your email and phone number. Incorrect entries will result in a delay in contacting you.
4. All questions with an asterisk (*) must be answered completely.
5. Have your discharge documents, and any other documents demonstrating their WWII service ready to enter the information. Also, it will ask you to upload the relevant documents or photos needed in Q.7. You can upload more documents and photos at the end starting with Q.26.
6. When entering dates, you must use the format MM/DD/YYYY, entering in “01” for DD if not known.
7. Check all entries for accuracy, especially your email and phone number. Incorrect entries will result in a delay in contacting you.
8. When completed, click DONE and if the next screen shows, “Thank you for completing the application.”, then the system has accepted your application. If you don’t receive that message, check for any errors. No confirmation of receipt email will be sent.
9. Please allow 30-45 days to process and review your application for consideration. If you have any questions, please contact us at CGMinfo@CAWW2.org and provide a contact phone no. and a convenient time to reach you.
10. You may also wish to add this email, CGMCommittee@caww2.org, to your email contacts so any correspondence from us will not be diverted to the JUNK/SPAM box.
12. Refer to the FAQ document for answers to many common questions at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuysy7ysv16m7ni/CGM%20FAQ%202019-June%20Rev%20C.pdf?dl=0.